Saturday 9 November 2013

Glitter Polish Removal Method && Current Nail Polish

Hello there!

As much as I love glitter nail polishes, I hate the removal process. Tbh, I hate everything to do with nail polish removal :) 

I've seen countless number of videos and tutorials on nail polish removal with aluminum foil, but I thought that there has to be someone out there that don't know about this method. I hope that this is helpful.

I had tried to remove the polish through the regular method. But as you can see, only the black polish and the tint on the glitter was removed. Btw, I am wearing Cleopatra in New York by Deborah Lippmann over a black polish. I recommend that you use a nail polish remover with acetone. I used to use acetone-free remover but it was too ineffective. You will also need 10 pieces of aluminum foil and 10 pieces of cotton. They can be cotton balls or pads, but remember that you need slightly larger pieces for your thumbs.

Next soak the cotton in remover and place it on your nail and then secure the piece of cotton with the aluminum foil. I would suggest to cover your thumb last and do one hand at a time if you are not in a hurry. I was using my computer so I wanted one free hand to scroll my mouse. 

Leave the cotton on for approximately five minutes and you will end up with stained nails like mine! (I hope not.) 

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I don't know about you but my nails cannot stand to be polish free. They are simply too weak and they break too easily. If I am short on time I will still put on base coat. In response to autumn, I've decided to wear some darker colours. 

This lovely forest green is China Glaze's Exotic Encounters. I received this colour last year in some beauty subscription box. I don't have any colour similar to this, but I love this colour for the fall and winter. I decided to make use of my glitters and include them to spruce up my nail polish. 

Base Coat : Pro Fx Protein Enriched Base Coat and Revitalizer from Walmart
Top Coat: Seche Vite Quick Dry Top Coat from Winners 
Glitters : eBay

What colour are your nails this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment