Saturday 2 November 2013

Ebay Purchase Recommendations

Ebay is an amazing place to shop if you are in no hurry to get the item. I typically purchase items that are under 10 dollars. Since I am located in Canada, the shipping takes around 2 weeks- 1 month.

At the bottom of the post I have some tips for you before you venture into the world of eBay.

USB Cables | Phone Cases | Nail Art Supplies | Asian Beauty Products | Scarves 
I tend to purchase the above items on eBay. *I just pulled out these listings and I am not responsible for any unhappy customers. (I don't know the sellers)

  • USB Cables - I need one everywhere (in my room, by my computer, in the car, at work, at school). And it can add up if you are spending 10 dollars per cord. But I have to say that quality may not always be there. The USB cords I purchase are usually under $3. I would be careful purchasing the USB chargers eBay because of voltage and different countries use different outlets.

  • Phone Cases - It's usually just plastic poured into cute molds. There are more sturdy ones available. I really want this particular kitty one in white (if I placed a white picture in here, you may have some trouble seeing it). I am also looking at phone cases that allow you to slip credit cards or IDs. Price Range: $2(completely plastic) - $10 (wallet-like). 
Wallet Phone Cases

  • Nail Art Supplies -  I have seen the nail art dotting tools for like 3 dollars per tool. It is way cheaper on here. Item Suggestions : nail wheels, artificial nails, nail art brushes, rhinestones/pearls/glitters, etc. Price Range : < $4
Crushed Shell Nail Art Decoration

  • Asian Beauty Products - Somewhere in the post I imply that most of the items are from Asia. Where else can you find deals for Asian Beauty Products?! The nose strips pictured are produced by Biore in Asia. They are okay, but way cheaper than Canadian prices ( $10-14? for 10 strips). Item Suggestions: Dollywink Eyeliner, Korean BB Creams, Clean & Clear Blotting Papers, etc.  Price Range: It really depends on what you are buying. I usually spend < $20.
Missha BB Cream

  • Scarves - I prefer buying my lightweight spring/fall scarves from eBay. There are many designs available. I would make sure to look at the dimensions of the scarf before buying it. I did purchase a brown/ black leopard scarf and grey speckled scarf that I enjoy wearing. But I would not purchase winter scarves from eBay. They may not be as thick and as warm as you anticipate it to be. Price Range: < $5

Owl Patterned Scarf

Now if that wasn't enough reading, here are some more tips:

Some tips I would give before you make your purchases on eBay:

  • Make a Paypal account, you should be able to make one regardless of whether you have a credit card or not (but having a credit card will make the process easier).
    • I don't like to automatically authorize log-ins for my Paypal account.
    • Quite frequently, I find myself putting off purchases if I have to log in again for each transaction I make. 
  • Always search for items that are free shipping
    • Sometimes buyers maybe put an item that's worth $5 for $3+ 4.99 shipping.
    • Choosing free shipping will guarantee that the price you see is the price you pay for. 
  • Sometimes things do get lost in the mail, so the Paypal buyer protection program is very helpful.
  • I personally prefer ebay.com over ebay.ca.
    • EBay.com is the American website and it contains a lot more selection.
    • Ebay.com has a shopping basket feature that the Canadian version doesn't have. The shopping basket option allows you to purchase more than one item from more than one seller at once. I also use it for keep track of things I might buy or would like to buy.
  • I don't like auctions, it's not worth the time if my item will cost me $6 instead of $5.50.
    • Also, the auctions may end at 3 am and I'm not awake. You might change your mind throughout the auction process. 
What do you purchase from eBay?

No comments:

Post a Comment